The consequences of consuming too much alcohol which is known as a hangover, can be both psychological and physiological affected. And it is widely experienced in the next morning after a night of heavy drinking. However, different people will suffer from various consequences of overindulging. Common symptoms are bad breathe, headache, higher pulse rate, anxiety, dizziness, body pain, stomachache, irritability, fatigue, erratic motor functions as well as vomiting. To worsen the problem, you might experience dehydration as well and when alcohol is consumed in excess, its harmful consequences might damage your liver, intestines, gastrointestinal, central nervous system and brain as well.
Time after time, the hangover will fade away. Nonetheless, there are several simple home remedies which can sooth the symptoms of a hangover.
Lemon can help effectively to treat a hangover after really heavy drinking night. It can help you to treat queasiness, sensitivity to light or loud sound, queasiness as well as muscle pain. Moreover, lemon will help you to balance the body by remain the usual blood sugar level and the pH level in the body.
- Put the juice extracted from half of the lemon and one teaspoon of honey into a cup of warm water and stir well
- Consume it.
- Do this right after you wake up and two or three more times for the rest of the day.
The benefits of water especially health benefits are undeniable when it comes to treat a hangover. Alcohol depletes water in the body therefore, it is excessively important to rehydrate your body by consuming a lot of water after the heavy drinking at frequent intervals. Moreover, water also dilutes the impurities in the stomach.
- It is highly recommended to consume at least 8 – 10 cups of water a day.
- Apart from water, you may consume a few cups of electrolyte-replenishing sports beverages.
Note: Do not consume beverages that contain caffeine since they will worsen the problem.
Honey is another effective method to treat a hangover as well. Honey is packed with potassium, it can counteract the consequences of consuming excessive alcohol. Additionally, honey forms fructose which is a kind of sugar that can metabolize the excess alcohol in the intestine, thereby, it can reduce the symptoms of hangover. Honey will get rid of black eyes.
- Consume 3 – 4 teaspoons of honey at a regular interval till you notice the symptoms has faded away.
- Alternatively, you can add honey into a cup of warm water and consume. It will offer you the same benefits.
- TOMATO JUICE
Consume tomato juice is considered as another quite effective method to reduce the symptoms of hangover. This veggie juice possesses fructose which can metabolize the alcohol in the body quickly. Furthermore, it is packed with vitamins, enzymes as well as minerals which can significantly help you overcome the consequences of drinking. It can get rid of neuropathy.
- Consume a cup of tomato juice
- Mix some fresh lemonade and honey
- Add some cayenne pepper and consume this juice.
- TOAST AND EGG
Consuming some slices of toast with egg is another effective treatment for hangover. The carbohydrates found galore in toast can be a very good source of nutrition.
Moreover, the carbon in the toast may work as a filter to remove the impurities from the body whereas the egg offers cysteine which might break down the alcohol as well as mitigate the toxicity. The morning after the heavy drinking, do not forget to consume 1 – 2 cups of water.
Because of the heavy drinking, the potassium content in the body has been drained out. Thereby, in order to replenish potassium and electrolytes, the simplest solution is to consume bananas. They are packed with potassium and it can help to calm the stomach as well as promote your energy level.
- Consume 1 – 2 bananas after having your breakfast is considered as a very effective method to reduce symptoms.
- Or consume a cup of banana milkshake is another good idea to get rid of hangover.
This article is written by Jelly Jeff. She is a famous author from Hanoi, Vietnam, who is concerned for the health of the society and works to uplift the health of the community.